From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] question for en_GB users of myspell-en dictionaries
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 20:09:47
1 tl;dr: Is an update to the myspell-en Oxford spelling dictionary really
2 wanted by anyone?
3
4 If you don't know or don't care, you can safely ignore all the rest.
5
6 app-dicts/myspell-en-20081002 works, but newer, better
7 dictionaries are available. It's maintainer-wanted, so I'm taking
8 a crack at an update.
9
10 My constraints are that I must leverage myspell-r2 and must use
11 dictionaries that have been rolled up into LO/AOO extensions (OXTs).
12 That path is extremely clear and easy, whereas all other paths are
13 polished cliffs to this newbie.
14
15 The issue is that I can only find one one OXT which provides Oxford
16 spelling.⃰ I can install it, but it makes hunspell throw errors which
17 make me think there's something inherently wrong with the files.
18
19 So, is an update to the Oxford spelling dictionary really wanted by
20 anyone?
21
22 If so, I will try to get a dev to help me accommodate you. If not, you
23 can just keep using the 2008 dictionary and I can rest.
24
25 *
26 http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/projectrelease/english-dictionary-based-oxford-english-dictionary-103