From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Once again the emerge @preserved-rebuild loop
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 03:18:22
1 On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >   This came up maybe a month ago on some of my machines. Now I'm
4 > updating the MythTV network of 3 dedicated machines and I'm seeing the
5 > same thing. The machines are clean with emerge -DuN @world but stuck
6 > in what appears to be an endless loop of @preserved-rebuild's. I've
7 > been through the loop 3 times with no changes any time.
8 >
9 >   Before I do what I did last time (which was just erase the
10 > preserved_libs_registry file by hand) I figured I'd see what a better
11 > way to handle this is. Last time I think Neil suggested that multiple
12 > passes through emerge @preserved-rebuild would eliminate this but I've
13 > done 3 passes so far and it appears stuck.
14 >
15 >   Possibly I should emerge -C e2fsprogs-libs and then do another
16 > emerge -DuN @world?
17 >
18 >   Other ideas?
19 >
20 >   Same exact results on 3 machines...
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 > Mark
24
25 No quick answers from the list so I tried:
26
27 emerge -C e2fsprogs-libs
28 emerge -DuN @world?
29 revdep-rebuild -i
30
31 and now the preserved-rebuild info is gone.
32
33 myth12 ~ # emerge -p @preserved-rebuild
34 emerge: 'preserved-rebuild' is an empty set
35 emerge: no targets left after set expansion
36 myth12 ~ #
37
38 So I guess it's fixed. Right? Right...
39
40 Over and out,
41 Mark