From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197: activate new naming scheme
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:13:33
1 >> I've booted into udev-197 but my network interfaces are named the same
2 >> as ever and I've read that the new naming scheme is deactivated by
3 >> default. Do you think the new naming scheme will stick?
4 >
5 > In the discussion in [1] the consensus seems to be that they actually
6 > solve a real problem, and that they are an improvement to the old
7 > scheme.
8 >
9 >> If so, how can I activate it?
10 >
11 > Follow the instructions at [2]. In short, eliminate
12 > /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules and
13
14 Thank you for the info. I just read the contents of the above file
15 which has good info too.
16
17 - Grant
20 > /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.
21 >
22 > [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/531850/
23 > [2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames