From: deface <deface@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost /sbin/rc
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:12:50
1 It sounds like the mistake was on your hand. baselayout isn't udated
2 as often, unless you are ~**. the missing files are from any
3 baselayout, not just the version you are stating.
4
5 *** WARNING *** Depclean may break link level dependencies. Thus, it
6 is
7 *** WARNING *** recommended to use a tool such as `revdep-rebuild`
8 (from
9 *** WARNING *** app-portage/gentoolkit) in order to detect such
10 breakage.
11 *** WARNING ***
12 *** WARNING *** Also study the list of packages to be cleaned for any
13 obvious
14 *** WARNING *** mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set
15 will always
16 *** WARNING *** be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
17 *** WARNING *** `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are
18 listed in
19 *** WARNING *** package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
20 *** WARNING *** depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
21 *** WARNING ***
22 *** WARNING *** As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any
23 packages
24 *** WARNING *** unless *all* required dependencies have been
25 resolved. As a
26 *** WARNING *** consequence, it is often necessary to run
27 *** WARNING *** `emerge --update --newuse --deep world` prior to
28 depclean.
29
30 Plenty of warning there. Not recommended to --depclean. UNLESS
31 absolutely necessary.
32
33 deface