From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with AMD_IOMMU
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 03:57:37
1 On a Phenom II? Yeah, I just retired mine a month ago. On that
2
3 > system, the IOMMU hardware was kinda a legacy orphan thingy, I had to go
4 > through all kinds of gyrations on the kernel command line in order to
5 > initialize it correctly. I think I had it off in the bios, then enabled
6 > it using a bunch of kernel commands.
7 >
8 > If it was off in the BIOS then i think that means you were just using
9 CONFIG_GART_IOMMU not CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU