From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openmp flag
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:08:45
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:01:52 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > > OK, here's the question, I went to emerge blender
4 > > and found that the openmp flag is already set. {?}
5 > > Yet I looked everywhere and did not see the openmp flag
6 > > set (/etc/make.conf, /etc/portage/package.use)
7 > > so where is it getting set on my AMD workstation?
8 > >
9 > > [ebuild N ] media-gfx/blender-2.49b-r2 USE="ffmpeg
10 > > nls ogg openmp -blender-game -openal -verse"
11 > >
12 > > I feel like I should know (profiles etc) but, I'm a little
13 > > bit brain_dead this am, so any help is appreciated.
14 >
15 > Packages can choose to have USE flags enabled or disabled for them by
16 > default. So blender likely has openmp enabled by default, without that
17 > affecting any other packages.
18
19 However in this case, the flag is not set in the ebuild. Eix shows a +
20 before the USE flag if it is enabled in the ebuild.
21
22 The one place the OP didn't appear to check was the output from emerge
23 --info. The flag is set on this system, with a desktop profile.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.