From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ABI_RISCV -> emerge wants to do heaps of work...
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:49:34
1 Good evening all,
2 Just got home from an entertaining evening in the grogshop and decided
3 to do update the Gentoo install whilst winding down. I've done an:
4
5 eix-sync
6
7 followed by an
8
9 emerge --ask -NuD world
10
11 and am now confronted with a huge list of thingies that need rebuilding.
12 For example,
13
14 [ebuild R ] media-video/ffmpeg-4.3.1 ABI_RISCV="-ilp32% -ilp32d%"
15
16 is amongst the 249 items that want to rebuild. I do have some valid
17 updates on top of these but 249 rebuilds that appear to be triggered by
18 ABI_RISCV.
19
20 Is there a simple way of stopping this? Can I just place something such as:
21
22 ABI_RISCV=""
23
24 in the make.conf file and that will tell portage that even though I
25 think the idea of RISCV is interesting, and all power to them, I don't
26 need it on an AMD 64 bit machine hence don't rebuild all my stuff.
27
28 Any guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
29
30 Andrew