From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: serial port identification question
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:11:21
1 David Relson <relson <at> osagesoftware.com> writes:
4 > How do I determine which devices correspond to the serial ports?
5
6 Well, there are lots of tricks. you can test manually by using
7 something like this:
11 echo "bla" > /dev/ttyS0
12
13 to a minicom session running on that port, for example.
16 Another tool to experiment with serial ports is
17 sys-apps/setserial.
20 Minicom is your friend for setting and then testing
21 various baud rates, port selections and parity too.
24 Something like this might help?
25
26 ls -l /dev/* | grep ttyS0
30 You gotta be more specific on your exact issue....
33 You can alway munge around in /dev, just for learning
34 about such minutia....
35
36 Oh, and you issue might be related to UDEV.....
37 Or the beautiful thing we call HAL....
40 hth,
43 James