From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] etc-update vs dispatch-conf
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:53:58
1 On Friday 13 October 2006 11:56, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] etc-update vs dispatch-conf':
3 > Interesting discussion here:
4
5 I didn't read it, but after I heard about dispatch-conf, I set it up to use
6 RCS and turned on all the auto-merge options and never looked back. For
7 me, it is vastly superior to etc-update.
10 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
11 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
12 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
13 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh