From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NIS configuration
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:08:11
1 Hi!
2
3 I configured my gentoo server box to authenticate users through LDAP
4 (nsswicth+pam_ldap). Everything are working fine and now I want to run
5 a ypserv and as a result I want the nis clients authenticating against
6 my server. I following the instructions in
7 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_NIS but the clients (gentoo and
8 ubuntu boxes) don't find the ypserver, any clue?
9 I was planning to make the clients authentication directly to LDAP
10 server, but in this case I have to install pam_ldap and create a
11 /etc/ldap.conf and put ldap bindpw into this file or in
12 /etc/ldap.secret. Even if I protect it with 600 the use can get this
13 file installing a windows application (the client machines have dual
14 boot) that read ext3 partitions and read the files, finally getting
15 the bindpw. Any comment about this? Am I thinking wrong about that?
16
17 Thank you. BTW, all suggestion will be greatfully accepted.
18
19 Leandro.
22 Leandro Melo de Sales.
23 Computer Science MSc Candidate
24 Distributed System Lab - lsd.ufcg.edu.br
25 Pervasive Computing Lab - embedded.ufcg.edu.br
26 Universidade Federal de Campina Grande - UFCG
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list