From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb printer disappears on cups upgrade
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 04:37:23
1 Am 03.08.2013 04:23, schrieb William Kenworthy:
2
3 > Using cups <=1.5.2-r4 I can print ... upgrade to 1.6.2-r* and cups cant
4 > see the usb printer. The only errors in the cups log are to do with
5 > systemd service files which I masked a couple of days ago - the usb
6 > problem was happening before though.
7
8 I have exactly the same issue with my Epson Stylus SX218 printer
9 connected via USB.
10
11 I tried everything to get it to print with cups 1.6 but no success. At
12 the moment to print I start a Windows VM (Windows inside the VM sees and
13 installs the printer without problem) and connect to the shared printer
14 with cups.
15
16 Greetings
17