From: Ralph Seichter <m16+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 16:16:29
1 On 24.11.17 16:39, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying an evasion, which is to use fetchmail to retrieve emails
4 > from my ISP and deliver them to postfix, which can then serve them
5 > via IMAP.
6
7 Postfix is an MTA and does neither store email nor lets you access email
8 via IMAP. There must be an IMAP server in your mix somewhere (e.g.
9 Dovecot or Courier).
10
11 > I still don't know what to add to /etc/ conf.d/fetchmail, nor whether
12 > I need a ~/.fetchmailrc or an /etc/fetchmailrc file (no sample comes
13 > with the ebuild).
14
15 Your needs depend on what you are trying to achieve, and you have been a
16 bit vague on the details. If you plan to use a single fetchmail process,
17 ~foo/.fetchmailrc (with foo being the user you want to run fetchmail as)
18 usually suffices.
19
20 -Ralph