From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:55:04
1 On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:15:14 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my server to the latest hardened-sources
4 > kernel. I'm trying to mount my /dev/hda1 partition to /boot but I'm
5 > getting the error:
6 >
7 > mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
8 >
9 > It's true that I don't have ext2 support compiled into my kernel, but I
10 > never have. My /etc/fstab looks like this:
11 >
12 > /dev/hda1 /boot ext3 noauto,noatime 1 2
13 >
14 should it be ext2 above?
15
16 > Does anyone know what's going on here?
17 >
18 do you have an initrd loading? Without some kernel support, it can't load
19 at all? Check your lilo or grub configuration and make sure you have some
20 kind of initrd with ext2 loading.
21
22 > - Grant
23
24 Probably something really dumb! Inasmuch as it _had_ been working!
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list