From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash completion problem: can anyone confirm?
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:27:07
1 Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU> writes:
2
3 > Before I file a bug, I want to see if this is reproducible by others:
4 >
5 > After I boot into the console, if I type anything and then hit <tab>
6 > for the bash completion, it gives an error
7 > -bash: _filedir: command not found
8 > The weird thing is that if I start X and try the same in an aterm, the
9 > tab completion works as expected.
10 >
11 > I am currently on bash-completion-20081218, does anyone else have the
12 > same problem?
13
14 I only saw the problem with vim, and then only for user root as a normal
15 user it worked fine. So I disabled bash completion for vim.