From: Shoka <shoka@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Minimal Gentoo with X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:33:34
1 On 30.06.2010 17:03, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > Gnome?!?!
5 >
6 > That's like saying "all I needed was a couple of deck chairs, so I
7 > bought the Queen Mary".
8 >
9 > One step towards smaller/lighter would be the XFCE desktop instead of
10 > Gnome. While a lot smaller/faster than Gnuome, XFCE is still far from
11 > "minimal".
12 >
13 > If you want more minimal, then I'd try icewm, fvwm, or blackbox/fluxbox.
16 Hi Grant,
17
18 *hehe* yes, I've just realized that this doesn't really make sense at
19 all. I think I'll switch to fluxbox and give it a try.
20
21 thanks anyway for your thoughts.
22
23 regards,