From: Nick Geron <ngeron@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new foomatic-filters ebuild
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:30:31
1 Thanks for the quick response Richard:)
2
3 I did see that note, but i wasn't sure what they meant by
4 'foomatic-db-old block'. On that note, looking at it again I see my
5 brain farted.
6
7 I know I can force installs if so desired. To answer your question,
8 portage will update to 20050910 without complaint, however, I was
9 looking for a good explaination of why it was blocked. I want to
10 determine if updating and forcing/ignoring foomatic-filters in an update
11 word would result in another weekend of cups debugging. If
12 'foomatic-db-old block' means that I just have to remerge one of them
13 again, like in that old bug report I found, then great. No problem.
14 I've just read too many forum posts with 'I upgraded with stable package
15 X and now everythings borked.'
16
17 Equeries tell me that filters are required by the foomatic-db and
18 db-engine - effectively foomatic/printing.
19
20 Has anyone done a recent printing system upgrade? Any reported trouble
21 running filters 3.0.2-r1 with db 20050910? Are the filters identical
22 between 3.0.2 and 3.0.2-r1?
23
24 -nick