From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel BUG when unplugging usb?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:05:05
1 Am Donnerstag 14 Februar 2008 07:12:48 schrieb Iain Buchanan:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > When I unplug my usb mouse and keyboard for longer than a few seconds
5 > (not sure of the exact time, but must be more than, say, 5 seconds) I
6 > get a BUG message in dmesg. When I plug them back in, they don't work!
7 >
8 > I just tried to unload & reload usb-hid, but modprobe locked up on the
9 > reload. It appears the only way to fix it is to reboot.
10 >
11 > This happens with tuxonice sources 2.6.23-r9 but never happened with
12 > 2.6.22.* or earlier.
13 That bug is known (search with google), it's a race condition because of
14 proper locking in the kernel in the evdev code.
15
16 It's fixed in 2.6.24.
19 Sascha