From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: extract an image from a .doc file?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:52:11
1 On Sunday 13 December 2009 08:46:05 Stroller wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > A .doc file contains an image. Is there any way to extract the image
5 > file in its original format, please?
6 >
7 > This may seem like a bit of an odd request, so I'll explain. The .doc
8 > file is quite large, and it seems like the image it contains must be
9 > to blame. I would like to extract the original file of the image and
10 > examine it. I have tried in OpenOffice on Windows and Word for Mac. In
11 > OpenOffice I can't see any way to save the image file,
12
13 I don't know about MSWindows, but in OOo-bin in Linux I can right-click on the
14 image and select 'Save graphics' when the image is jpeg/png/etc. Not sure if
15 this works with MS embedded images/files from e.g. Powerpoint.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick