From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Scanner Trouble
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:44
1 Hi,
2
3 When I first installed Gentoo on my main machine about a month ago, my
4 scanner was working just fine. I don't use it that much, but today when
5 I went to use it (using xsane), I got a message that no devices were found.
6
7 I checked dmesg and as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be
8 anything wrong.
9
10 The only thing that I did that might have affected it (although it
11 doesn't seem to have affected anything else) is:
12
13 emerge --update --deep mozilla-firefox (because there was an updated
14 Firefox package)
15
16 When I did this, emerge updated 26 packages including some x packages,
17 so I don't know if this is what is causing the problem.
18
19 The scanner works in Window - I tested it to be sure that it wasn't a
20 scanner problem.
21
22 Additionally, I used to have this problem when I ran FC4 all the time.
23 I have a USB printer, zip drive and game pad all connected to my system
24 and all work fine. The scanner is USB as well and in FC4, I used to
25 always have to remove the usb cable and plug it back in again and then I
26 could get xsane to recognize the scanner. However, I tried that and had
27 no luck.
28
29 Any ideas?
30