From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and google
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:51:56
1 On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I been looking for a way to "disable" this so called "feature" but I
5 > can't find anything to disable this Google thing Seamonkey does. I
6 > bookmark a lot of websites and use keywords to go to them. The local
7 > weather forecast for example is "fore". It works but Google gets in the
8 > way.
9 >
10 > Now to explain a little. When I mouse click in the address location and
11 > enter "fore", this little thing pops up and wants to do a Google search
12 > for the word "fore". Naturally this does NOT get me to the local
13 > weather forecast since it bypasses looking for the keyword. I like the
14 > history feature that pops up but I want to get rid of the Google search
15 > part. If I want to search for something with Google, I type in gg and
16 > then type in what I am searching for.
17 >
18 > I have looked in preferences, even looked at the USE flags but I can't
19 > figure out how to get rid of this. It is annoying as heck. I like
20 > Google but I know how to get there myself, even have a shortcut to get
21 > there. How do I get rid of this?
22 >
23 > Thanks much.
24 >
25 > Dale
26
27 On my Seamonkey, it only does the Google search if I move down to the
28 "Google search 'fore'" and click it/press enter on it. Otherwise it
29 goes to DNS. (I do not have "Internet Keywords" enabled in seamonkey)