From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Qt5 - should I worry?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:21:08
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've built a separate system in spare partitions, using the desktop/plasma
4 profile and the kde overlay, to see how I like it.
5
6 I don't.
7
8 I won't list all my objections here, but I have attached two screen shots of
9 KMail: one in the standard qt4 KDE environment and the other in qt5. You can
10 see how much less compact the qt5 version is, even after I've fiddled at some
11 length with fonts and qt tweaks, including installing the noto fonts which
12 you see here. And the qt5 screen shot is half as big again as the qt4.
13
14 My question to the panel is: is this just a temporary stage of development,
15 or are we going to have to live with it down the years?
18 Rgds
19 Peter

snapshot1.qt4.png image/png
snapshot1.qt5.png image/png