From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is there a known source of recent gentoo vm appliances?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:24:27
1 thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On 03/22/2014 09:44 PM, thegeezer wrote:
4 >> On 03/22/2014 08:58 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
5 >>> Can anyone post a known source of recent gentoo based vm appliances?
6 >>>
7 >>> One that will work with VirtualBox would be especially handy.
8 >>>
9 > was curious though - a quick google search shows
10 > http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/Virtualbox_Guest#Configuring_the_Kernel
11 > for the kernel conf
12 > and
13 > http://virtualboxes.org/Fimages/gentoo/ for the image
14 > or
15 > http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-websites-to-download-virtual-disk-images-for-virtualbox/
16 > for pointers to a few more
17 >
18 > my own 2c though, you don't really know what's on them so make sure to
19 > tread carefully!
20
21 A few points:
22 There used to be a fellow that posted here regularly who built them
23
24 My googling also turned up at least the middle one.
25 I was pretty sure that there would be a newer setup than 2008
26
27 And finally, I hoped to hear of a tried and true source to eliminate
28 all the kind of guesswork you are suggesting to be careful of.