From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Syntax for masking kde:4?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:30:10
1 Hello list,
2
3 In the last few days some parts of KDE v4 seem to have been moved into the
4 stable tree, but on some of my boxes I want to exclude kde:4 (but not qt:4).
5
6 What is the syntax for a single entry in package.mask to exclude the whole of
7 kde:4? I did start masking each package separately, but that's far too much
8 work - I'd finish up with an entry for every kde package that has a version
9 4. Also, "kde:4", which seems like the right thing to specify, is an invalid
10 package atom according to eix.
11
12 I can't see anything relevant in man pages or the gentoo kde configuration
13 guide. Google hasn't helped me either.
16 Rgds
17 Peter