From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dracut: mount: special device /dev/disk/by-label/usr does not exist
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:09:29
1 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Sunday 16 March 2014 17:01:26 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> Unless there is already a VG on the other system with the same name. LVM
4 >> doesn't handle VG name clashes, yet some distros still give them generic
5 >> names.
6 > Not sure how others do it, but I find the following naming convention for VGs
7 > work:
8 > vg_<hostname>
9 >
10 > --
11 > Joost
16 That's good advice if someone has a lot of systems and moves around a
17 lot. Mine would only be if something really bad happened to my main
18 rig. Odds are, I won't need to worry about this but just in case it
19 does, I may not be able to pop on and ask until after I had to move
20 things around.
21
22 Thanks.
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!