From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building an initramfs into the kernel
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 00:43:34
1 On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 09:33:48 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > One more question if I might. What's the simplest way to regenerate
4 > the kernel when there are no kernel changes but you have changes to
5 > the programs that are going into the initramfs? make clean seems like
6 > overkill to me, and it's very slow to boot.
7
8 Plain make works for me, it appears the initramfs is rebuilt every time,
9 evewn if there are no changes. To be extra sure, you could delete
10 usr/initramfs_data.cpio from the source tree before running make.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 You are a completely unique individual, just like everybody else.