From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmail does not import gpg keys automatically?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:27:57
1 On Monday 11 February 2008, Patrick Holthaus wrote:
2 > Hey there!
3 >
4 > I wonder why Kmail does not import any gpg keys. For example on this list,
5 >
6 > many people sign their messages. But Kmail tells me something like this:
7 > > Message was signed on xxx with unknown key xxx.
8 > > The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
9 > > Status: No public key to verify the signature
10 >
11 > OpenPGP is selected in "Crypto Backends" with default keyserver
12 > http://pgp.mit.edu
13 > Automatically import keys and certificates is also selected.
14
15 I use hkp://subkeys.pgp.net as my default keyserver and do not seem to have
16 such a problem (unless I open a new message offline, which has a new key that
17 has not been imported yet from the keyserver).
18
19 KGpg has a 'Refresh keys from server' selection in the menu that will do
20 exactly that when you're on line, or bring back an error if a connection
21 cannot be established (e.g. because you are off-line, the server does not
22 accept connections, or the particular keys are not published on that server).
23 Ditto if you run:
24
25 $ gpg --refresh-keys
26