From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing Xorg breaks terminal
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:45:52
1 Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
2 > I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
3 >
4 > I am testing various settings in the xorg.conf file. Some settings change the performance of X,
5 > others break X all together.
6 >
7 > Some setting not only break X but also corrupt all of the command line terminals. The only way I
8 > am able to restore the terminals is by rebooting the computer.
9 >
10 > Is there a way to fix corrupted command line terminals once corrupted other than rebooting.
11
12 You could try 'reset' but that will usually just fix up corruption from
13 e.g. catting a binary file. Once the framebuffer's corrupted, it's tough
14 to fix. You could try fixing the X settings to ones known to work and
15 restarting X, that may fix whatever was screwed up.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie