From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Piping "emerge -a" to some other command
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 12:10:30
1 On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 6:47 AM Dr Rainer Woitok
2 <rainer.woitok@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > since the output of "emerge -a" might be long, and since on a stock con-
5 > sole you cannot scroll, I had the idea of piping it into "tee", and in
6 > case I'm unsure just to say "No" to the question of whether or not I
7 > would like to merge these packages and then to inspect the "emerge" out-
8 > put more closely using an editor.
9
10 Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use -p in this case, which will
11 require no input?
12
13 I haven't dug into the man page, but I'm sure there are also options
14 that are more intended to make the output more suitable for
15 parsing/etc.
18 Rich