From: Dom Rodriguez <shymega@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB-C PD delivery & Lenovo USB-C hub.
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 17:07:02
1 ... Of course, it _would_ help, if I had provided the link to the hub itself!
2
3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07919ZNB4
4
5 :)
6
7 On this date - Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 06:01:42PM +0100, Dom Rodriguez wrote:
8 > Hello,
9 >
10 > I've got an Lenovo Thinkpad X270 laptop, with USB-C support. I ordered an Lenovo
11 > USB-C hub from Amazon the other day, and it arrived today. It [the hub] is
12 > recognised by the kernel for USB, but not for power delivery (PD), via ACPI.
13 >
14 > Oddly enough, when I plug the USB-C cable from the mains adapter directly to the
15 > USB-C port, ACPI recognises it fine - so I've narrowed it down to a driver
16 > issue.
17 >
18 > I've tried using the hub on my Thinkpad 13" on both Windows and Linux (Arch,
19 > specifically; Gentoo isn't on there at the moment.), and its recognised fine.
20 > Therefore I do not believe the hub *itself* is faulty.
21 >
22 > In terms of diagnostic information, I'm not sure where to start, so if anyone
23 > needs certain information to help with the issue, please let me know, and I'll
24 > do my best to email it.
25 >
26 > I'm running gentoo-sources-5.3.1 for the kernel.
27 >
28 > Any ideas? Thanks :-)
29 >
30 > --