From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seahorse freezes gpg key unlocking
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:38:21
1 Hi list!
2
3 Recently - I don't know when exactly - anything which wanted to get
4 access to my private gpg key (gpg itself, enigmail when signing or
5 decrypting) simply froze when it would usually ask for the passphrase.
6
7 I tracked the problem down to seahorse. The app itself worked but
8 apparently the helper app for other processes didn't. In any case, after
9 unmerging seahorse, logout and login (to get rid of a defunct seahorse
10 process which didn't react to kill -kill), everything started working
11 again with the normal pinentry dialog.
12
13 Does this sound familiar to anyone?