From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's going on with updates ?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:05:49
1 On Monday 13 September 2010, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
2 > Since few days ( two or three ?), every time I launch emerge, it's saying
3 > me it needs an update of portage itself.
4 > In plus, I have upgraded udev at least two times (160>161>162 today)...
5 >
6 Don't sync two times a day and emerge -u world if you don't want updates ;-)
7 besides the ebuild commit dates are:
8 udev-160: 12 Jul 2010
9 udev-161: 24 Aug 2010
10 udev-162: 12 Sep 2010
11
12 So I don't understand why you get more updates the same day.
13
14 > Plus, I have had two warning message concerning updates : sudo and an
15 > other...
16 >
17 > what's going on ? Is somebody founding security holes "à la pelle" (french
18 > expression).
19
20 Still udev ebuild development still lacks some days after udev upstream to
21 just test ebuilds and also for time reasons.
22
23 Matthias