From: Jeff Cranmer <jeff@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with Nvidia fake raid array
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:26:50
1 Hi all,
2
3 After cleaning off my Opensuse O.S. and installing Gentoo, I'm having
4 trouble getting my 3-disk nvidia SATA raid5 array back on line.
5
6 The gentoo OS is on a separate non-raid IDE disk, and I can see the
7 three individual disks which make up the raid array (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb
8 and /dev/sdc). Unfortunately, the system does not seem to be able to
9 detect the raid array, and dmesg shows no md disks detected or mounted.
10
11 There are a few guides on line for setting up a system which boots to a
12 raid array, but I haven't found any guides for simply mounting a raided
13 disk. I think I've got all the kernel settings right, and the raid
14 array was working before I cleared out the IDE disk. I know that the
15 Nvidia array isn't a true hardware raid array, but it's a data disk
16 only, and while I have a reasonably recent backup, I'm not keen on
17 re-formatting it and setting up a kernel-based raid array.
18
19 Any suggestions or pointers gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
20
21 Jeff