From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: X programs as root
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:07:41
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > It appears that maybe portage got the order wrong or something was
4 > amiss with KDE. I re-emerged the following:
5 >
6 > kdebase-menu
7 > kdebase-menu-icons
8 > kmenuedit
9 > kdesu
10 >
11 > After that, it works again. So, either something was built in the
12 > wrong order or KDE had some issue with something. Oh, no config files
13 > to update after that either.
14 >
15 > Don't know what fixed it exactly but at least it works again. Maybe
16 > the OP should try rebuilding some packages too? May help, may not.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
20 > :-) :-)
21
22 I spoke to soon I guess. I was gone for a while so I cut my puter off.
23 Now, the programs don't work as root again even after recompiling those
24 packages again.
25
26 This is weird. Works one time then stops again.
27
28 Dale
29