From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove udev. What!?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:04:19
1 Julien Roy wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On 6/19/22 21:38, Dale wrote:
5 >> Anyone have ideas on this?  I mess up something?  Catch the tree in a
6 >> bad state?  Something else I'm not aware of?  It's not making sense to
7 >> me yet.  :/
8 >
9 > sys-fs/udev has been replaced by a USE flag on the
10 > sys-apps/systemd-utils package. When you updated your system, portage
11 > most likely installed systemd-utils with the 'udev' USE flag by
12 > default. It also replaces sys-apps/systemd-tmpfiles, which is also
13 > included in your --depclean.
14 >
15 > You can read more about this change here :
16 > https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2022-04-19-systemd-utils.html
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Julien
22 I don't recall that news item but for my memory, that was a long time
23 ago.  So, it is safe to remove udev and it is being replaced by
24 systemd-utils?  OK.  I can live with that.  I did a news list and
25 grepped for udev.  It didn't find that given that name and I may have
26 missed it with that name since I don't use systemd.  Oh well.
27
28 Now I got to remember to keep a eye out for changes to this instead of
29 udev.  o_O
30
31 Thanks much.
32