From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (double)click
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:06:11
1 On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:53:51 +0100
2 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
5 > I face an annoying behavior on my main workstation and I can't spot
6 > it, so maybe you guys have an idea.
7 >
8 > My mouse behaves a bit strange, for example in thunderbird.
9 >
10 > When I click a mail in the normal folder view, the expected behavior
11 > is just to get the content displayed below. Instead it happens
12 > *sometimes*/rather often, that it gets opened in a new tab, as if i
13 > had clicked it twice.
16 Maybe you did click twice at least from the computer's POV :-)
17
18 test with a different mouse, it's quite common for mouse button
19 switches to get dirty and bounce more than once when clicking them.
20
21 If another mouse does the same, then we'd need to look at your software
22 configs.
28 > Recompiled thunderbird, no change.
29 >
30 > The click also somehow doesn't really work in opera, for example.
31 >
32 > It marks things instead of clicking a link ... somehow strange.
33 >
34 > To me it seems that this has changed some times ago, maybe with some
35 > Xorg-update or anything like that.
36 >
37 > Is
38 >
39 > INPUT_DEVICES="evdev"
40 >
41 > still OK for a simple USB mouse?
42 >
43 > This is ~amd64 .. xorg-server 1.13.0
44 >
45 > Thanks for any ideas on this, Stefan
51 Alan McKinnon
52 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com