From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiz-Fusion
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:42:32
1 On Dec 31, 2007 11:23 AM, Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > Anyone using compiz-fusion on this list? I'm putting together a system
3 > I'll be using to demo linux. compiz-fusion appears to be the "eye-candy"
4 > that would make a demo shine. I see that its in portage (masked) any
5 > gotchas I should be aware of before proceeding?
6
7 I've been using it for months with NVidia and Intel drivers; not a
8 problem. Well, with NVidia
9 you need to unload the v4l module for X.org, otherwise it crash X; but
10 that's the only issue.
11
12 Also, I recommend to grab the fusion-icon package from the xeffects overlay.
13 --
14 Canek Peláez Valdés
15 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM