From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 03:21:03
1 On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> William Kenworthy wrote:
4 >>> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>>>
8 >>>>> I do. I don't use LVM, so i didn't had neither USE=device-mapper, nor
9 >>>>> DRACUT_MODULES=lvm, so I add them. Then I tried to create my initramfs
10 >>>>> with LVM, and like in your case, it failed. Using the --debug option
11 >>>
12 >>> Dale, with genkernel you have to tell it to start LVM on the kernel
13 >>> commandline ("dolvm") which triggers a script within the initramfs - do
14 >>> you have to do the same thing with dracut?
15 >>>
16 >>> BillK
17 >>>
18 >>
19 >> Well, I dunno.  I know how to find out tho.
20 >>
21 >> < dale adds dolvm to his kernel line and is about to reboot >
22 >>
23 >> If I ain't back in a few minutes, send help. . . quick.  lol
24 >>
25 >> Also, see the other new thread.  I think Walt has the same thing.
26 >>
27 >> BRB
28 >>
29 >> Dale
30 >>
31 >> :-)  :-)
36 > I'm back.  I tried and it did the same.  Worth a shot tho.
37 >
38 > I noticed this.  It mounts / ro then tries to start lvm.  Then just a
39 > few lines later, it mounts / rw.  So, it appears that it needs to mount
40 > / rw then start lvm.
41 >
42 > I dunno.
43
44 Dale, could yo please add again rd.debug to your kernel command line,
45 boot with the initramfs, and post the output from dmesg (without you
46 manually mounting your LVM volume)?
47
48 Regards.
49 --