From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage elog messages about historical symlinks
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:23:10
1 I am getting messages like the one below from portage every now and then.
2 Especially, about /var/run, but in this case about a different directory:
3
4 * Messages for package dev-libs/klibc-1.5.20:
5
6 * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
7 * ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible. This
8 * indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of an
9 * old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink with
10 * the directory that it points to.
11 *
12 * /usr/lib/klibc/include/asm
13 *
14
15 Perhaps I am having a senior moment, but I am not clear what I should do
16 despite the friendly message. This is the symlink in question:
17
18 ls -la /usr/lib/klibc/include/asm
19 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Nov 8 2008 /usr/lib/klibc/include/asm -> asm-x86
22 How am I supposed to *replace* it with the directory that it points to?
25 Regards,
26 Mick