From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 16:22:26
1 On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:28:27 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I didn't pay attention to it as my scanner was already configured.
4 > What it didn't tell me that the upgrade emptied my configuration file:
5 > /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/brsanenetdevice4.cfg
6 >
7 > It is not a Gentoo like behaviour. If there are any changes need to be
8 > made it should be done via: cfgupdate etc. style; not just wipe the
9 > configuration file.
10
11 It was overwritten because that directory is not part of CONFIG_PROTECT,
12 hardly surprising as that is not a standard configuration location. If
13 the device can't be configured from a file in /etc the ebuild needs to
14 back up the configuration before installing the new version, so file a
15 bug with the overlay.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 One-seventh of your life is spent on Monday.