From: Thor Odino <Thor.Odino@××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Armagetron and Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:46:18
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: CESAR GAVIDIA [mailto:gavidiacs@×××××.com]
3 Sent: mercoledì 17 ottobre 2007 16.17
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Armagetron and Gentoo?
6
7 Also happens me the same
8
9 Ing. César R. Gavidia R.
10 ________________________
11 Proyectos AIT Tomoporo
12 Cel: 0416-9745665
13 Ext: (0265) 8050109
16 Sebastian Sitaru <s.sitaru@×××.de> escribió el 17/10/2007 09:53:09 a.m.:
17
18 > Hello all,
19 > I'm trying to emerge armagetron on my Gentoo (x86 stable). It seems
20 masked
21 > (with the ~x86 keyword). I have no problems with unstable packages, but
22 > I've got very much unstable packages, thus I don't want to emerge this
23 > unstable, too. But there's a "comment" on the masking, a second way:
24 >
25 > --begin quoting--
26 > linux-zc4n / # emerge armagetronad
27 > Calculating dependencies \
28 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "armagetronad" have been masked.
29 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
30 > request:
31 > - games-action/armagetronad-0.2.7.1-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
32 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
33 > # Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> (15 Jan 2007)
34 > # The Armagetron Advanced packages in Gentoo's repository are obsolete
35 and
36 > will
37 > # likely remain masked until they can be revisted to be
38 maintainable.  Until
39 > # that time, the upstream team has created their own overlay:
40 > #     emerge -a layman
41 > #     layman -ka armagetron
44 > For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
45 or
46 > refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
47 >
48 > linux-zc4n / #
49 > --end quoting--
50 >
51 > My question is now, where can I find this overlay? I've tried the above
52 > commands, but last didn't work:
53 > --begin quoting--
54 > linux-zc4n / # layman -ka armagetron
55 > * Overlay "armagetron" does not exist!
56 > linux-zc4n / #
57 > --end quoting-- (Sorry for my "art of quoting", I'm new here, and don't
58 > quite know how to quote!)
59 >
60 > Does anyone know the reason for failing?
61 > I thank you for your attention and I'm happy to read your replies.
62 > --
63 > With best regards,
64 > Sebastian
65 > [anexo "attv4g7t.dat" eliminado por CESAR GAVIDIA/GAVIDIACS/PDV/PDVSA]
68 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
71 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list