From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Theoretical install Question
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:33:53
1 On Wed, 23 May 2007 02:21:51 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > > I think that I will probably be better off doing a stage three
4 > > install, then doing an 'emerge -euD world' or similar before
5 > > moving on from there.
6
7 > Err.. what was the purpose of that `emerge -e world` ?
8
9 To rebuild the system with your chosen USE and CFLAGS. Of course, if you
10 haven't changed your CFLAGS from the default, there's not point and
11 'emerge -uavDN world' is quite sufficient.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "Designing pages in HTML is like having sex in a bathtub. If you don't
18 know anything about sex, it won't help to know a lot about bathtubs."