From: Peter <sw98234@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mc-4.6.1 not showing graphical characters in terminal
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:23:32
1 On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:31:50 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 snip...
3 > Hi Peter,
4 >
5 > I just had a look at the bug report and comment #5 from Jakub Moc is the
6 > correct fix.
7 >
8 > I'll chime in and post my thoughts anyway...
11 > Jerry
12
13 For over two years, I took LC_* for granted. Never touched it, never
14 looked at it (snobbery of being en_US I suppose!). Now, with the 2006.1
15 profile, I am forced to learn an essential part of Linux. So now, I am set
16 with en_US and ISO8895-15 although I still don't know where the 02locale
17 file should have been set from. I manually created it.
18
19 Interestingly, there are some problems with the line drawing characters.
20 In particular
21 1) the vertical lines don't meet the horizontal ones to make a T or
22 inverted T. They just stop short and the character for joining the two is
23 not drawn
24 2) At the right, just before the corner, there is a v>
25 3) At the right vertical line, where the horizontal should meet line --|
26 there is a gap and the vertical is interrupted and the character to make
27 that join is not drawn.
28 |
29 ---------
30 |
31
32 However, all this is much better than before, and I don't do that much
33 with mc in a terminal anyway. As I noted, it's fine under any X.
34
35 Thanks again for your help.
38 Peter
39 +++++
40 Do not reply to this email, it is a spam trap and not monitored.
41 I can be reached via this list, or via
42 jabber: pete4abw at jabber.org
43 ICQ: 73676357
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list