From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:12:17
1 On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:03:36 +0800, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
2
3 > That you stated that the root account was hardly locked if I can sudo su
4 > into it. If you take me as truthful, then you can see that I have done
5 > exactly that: locked the account and sudo su'ed into it. I think you
6 > already knew that was possible, so I am countering the semantics of the
7 > issue.
8
9 My point was that if you can get into it, it is not truly locked. You
10 have prevented one means of accessing it, but not totally locked it.
11
12 Anyway, sudo -i/s is a cleaner way of opening a root session IMO.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.