From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] apache https setup
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:52:51
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm trying to set up an apache https server. I keep getting "Page Load
4 Error" when trying to connect. I'm using apache 2.0.58. I've generated
5 certificates, worked my way through various problems and apache starts
6 OK, asking me for the passphrase for the certificate, but it is not
7 serving up pages.
8
9 The error_log contains this:
10
11 [Fri Jul 17 13:30:01 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
12 exist: /usr/htdocs
13
14 The error is correct in that /usr/htdocs does not exist, but I have
15 set 00_default_vhost.conf to serve documents out of:
16
17 DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs"
18
19 I have spent quite a lot of time searching the web and modifying the
20 various config files but I can't get the thing to work. Any help will
21 be much appreciated.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Roger