From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update pulling in enlightenment-0.16.9999.050
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:54:38
1 On Friday 05 December 2008 05:46:30 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
2 > > I should give e17 another try when it gets a little more stable, or
3 > > when at least Vapier finds the time to update the snapshot ebuilds
4 > > (which, last time I checked, were horribly outdated).
5 > >
6 > > Regards,
7 > > Jorge Peixoto
8 >
9 > Oh, great, it seems vapier updated the snapshots!
10 > Alan, would you recommend an e17 snapshot (dated 2008-09-25) to a
11 > system that is mostly stable? I love simplicity, weightlessness and
12 > speed, but I don't want too many (or severe) bugs.
13
14 The snapshots are really just cvs dumps at a point in time where the devs get
15 relatively few bugs reports. IIRC, august/september was a quiet period with
16 no breakages so it should be ok to try out.
17
18 The only gotcha I can think of is that there's a new base EFL package called
19 eina and the ebuilds might not include it. See what "eix eina" returns. If
20 nothing, then copy one of the smaller e17 libs ebuilds into your private
21 overlay, change the obvious places to "eina" and emerge it first. Then emerge
22 e.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com