From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does systemd work with mdadm?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 00:32:28
1 On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:15:45 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I've googled around and it seems there could be a bug using mdadm and
4 > lvm at the same time, but that's not what I'm doing. Considering when I
5 > first set up this dual boot there was some configuration involved, I
6 > don't believe I can just install it and pray it works as I've read if
7 > systemd goes sideways you can't even log in.
8 >
9 > Are there people running systemd and mdadm together that can comment? I
10 > think I'm going to try anyway, and I have a suspicion that systemd is
11 > going to bomb the first time it boots.
12
13 I'm not, I stopped using mdadm and LVM before I switched to systemd. But
14 it doesn't really matter if systemd does fail to boot properly, you can
15 switch back to openrc, fix the problem and reboot with systemd.
16
17 When I was testing systemd, I had to entries in GRUB, one with the
18 systemd init= option and one without, so I could boot with either.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.