From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:40:41
1 On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:48:18 +0000, brettholcomb@×××××××.net wrote:
2
3 > For the few systems I have I just prefer to do it manually. I copy
4 > them over to a new name them like vmlinuz-2.6.9-r1, etc.
5
6 That's exactly what make install does.
7
8 > I also copy the working kernel to something like vmlinuz-prevgood.
9
10 Once again, make install links the previous working kernel to
11 vmlinuz.old. Still, if you prefer to do the leg work when you have a
12 willing but dumb slave ready to do it for you, that's your choice :)
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.