From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Same version in portage and overlay, how to mask?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:10:13
1 On Tuesday 31 March 2009 21:57:02 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > > So how can I mask just a specific ebuild from a specific overlay?
4 >
5 > This is not possible with current portage. I think with paludis you can
6 > mask packages based on repositories, don't know about pkgcore though.
7
8 That's what I thought
9
10 > You should be able to work around this by doing something like this in
11 > /etc/make.conf
12 >
13 > PORTDIR="/your/port/dir"
14 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/your/overlays $PORTDIR"
15 >
16 > This way portage prefers the the packages from the portage tree over
17 > packages with equal versions in overlays.
18
19 Yes, that works. Thanks for the pointer.
20
21 It had never occurred to me to include PORTDIR in PORTDIR_OVERLAY :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com