From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get a backtrace from a core dump?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:22:32
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [10-01-27 17:09]:
2 > I need to get a backtrace from a core dump file. I followed the
3 > instructions here:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
6 >
7 > I added -g to CFLAGS and splitdebug to FEATURES and built the
8 > application with those new setting (that would be media-sound/lmms in
9 > this case.) I then did "ulimit -c unlimited" and started the
10 > application from that shell. I reproduced the crash and a core file
11 > was successfully produced. But, when trying to get a backtrace, I get:
12 >
13 > --------
14 > gdb --core core --batch --quiet -ex "thread apply all bt full" -ex
15 > "quit"
16 > [New Thread 3575]
17 > [New Thread 3573]
18 > [New Thread 3577]
19 > Core was generated by `./lmms'.
20 > Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
21 > #0 0x0000003007b79985 in ?? ()
22 >
23 > Thread 4 (Thread 3577):
24 > #0 0x0000003000c0e07d in ?? ()
25 > No symbol table info available.
26 >
27 > Thread 3 (Thread 3573):
28 > #0 0x0000003000c0b1fc in ?? ()
29 > No symbol table info available.
30 >
31 > Thread 2 (Thread 3575):
32 > #0 0x000000306d44feac in ?? ()
33 > No symbol table info available.
34 >
35 > Thread 1 (Thread 3571):
36 > #0 0x0000003007b79985 in ?? ()
37 > No symbol table info available.
38 > --------
39 >
40 > Then I re-emerged the application, canceled the emerge and did a manual
41 > "make" in /var/tmp/portage so I get the unstripped lmms executable.
42 > However, same thing as above happens. What am I missing?
45 Hi,
46
47 you need to build all librarys, which are linked to that application
48 as with debug option, too.
49
50 Best regards,
51 mcc
54 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
55 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
56 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
57 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.