From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Libsld, what gives?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:55:31
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
3 > Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 6:01 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Libsld, what gives?
6 >
7 > On 2022-11-16, Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net> wrote:
8 >
9 > > Even though only 45 days have passed since my last update, I felt like
10 > > doing one tonight. Usually I should wait six months just to save
11 > > myself the aggrivation... (I'm looking to set up a local bitcoin
12 > > wallet because the exchanges are not to be trusted
13 > > anymore...)
14 > >
15 > > Naturally nothnig worked because, hey, this is gentoo....
16 >
17 > One wonders why you continue to run Gentoo, since it's so awful and you hate it so much.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Grant
23 Because it's the only thing that lets him make all the esoteric customizations he wants. I have a brother who has the same kinds of troubles just about as often. He just also knows that it's because he wants to compile everything with LLVM/Clang.
24
25 Unfortunately, the package manager that can account for everything the user might possibly have changed and make it compile anyway is still a work in progress.
26
27 LMP